Apple Cinnamon Cake
- 1 1/4 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of softened margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 ounces of fat-free cream cheese (3/4 cups)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tps baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cups chapped peeled Rome apple (about 2 large)
- Cooking spray or butter
Preheat oven to 350 ° F
- Beat 1 cups sugar, margarine, vanilla, and cream cheese with a hand mixer at medium speed until well-blended. Add eggs one at a time beating it well as you add.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix it with a spatula until blended
- Combine, the leftover sugar and 2 tablespoon of cinnamon into a bowl with the sliced apples and stir until well incorporated.
- Combine the apple mixture into the cake mixture. In a 8-inch spring form pan coated with butter or cooking spray, pour the batter and sprinkle with cinnamon.