Serves 4-6 servings
800g white fish
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 onion diced
500g potatoes cubed
1 1/2 low sodium vegetable broth
2 tablespoons Caribbean medium curry power
2 tablespoons dried thyme
1 tablespoon garlic powder
Pinches of Cayenne pepper
1/2 cup of coconut milk powder
Optional: Red bell pepper diced, Coriander for taste and garnish
Serve with 2 cups of dry basmati rice (cooked)
- In a pot, fry onions until golden brown
- Add carrots and potatoes to the onions and fry it.
- Meantime cook the rice and put it aside
- To the vegetables, stir in all the ingredients: vegetable broth, curry powder, thyme, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and coconut milk powder and the fish.
- Reduce fire and cook covered until vegetables are ready and fish is falling apart.
- In the last moment add peppers (optional) and cook only for 1 more minute.
- Serve the stew over cooked rice
- Sprinkle with chopped spring onions or coriander.