With their vibrant, deep red colour and tart but sweet taste, dried cherries make for a colourful and flavourful addition to your diet. They are great in hot or cold cereal. A most welcome companion in any muffin, fruit loaf, scone, waffles, pancakes or cookies. Great between meal snack or as a colourful and flavourful ingredient in your most favourite vegetable or fruit salad.
Snow Farms Dried Tart Cherries are prepared from sound, ripened Montmorency Cherries (Prunus cerasus.) which has been de-stemmed, pitted and frozen during harvest. Subsequently they are infused with sugar, dried to a specified moisture range and lightly sprayed with sunflower oil before packaging in to bulk or retail packs.
With the recent discovery as a “Super Fruit” with many health benefits Tart Cherries are making headlines as a power house of phyto nutrients. From soothing arthritis symptoms and easing muscle pain after a workout to enhancing sleep, tart cherries have been credited with an array of health advantages.
- Cherries are packed with the Flavonoid, Anthocyanins the natural compound that contributes to the ruby – red colour and distinctive sour taste. This is one of the main phyto nutrient behind the potential health promoting properties of tart cherries. Anthocyanins reduce inflammation, promote cardiovascular health and reduce oxidative stress in athletes. It also has an ability to reduce risk for Arthritis and gout.
- Tart Cherries are one of the few natural sources of melatonin which is responsible for the regulation of the body’s internal clock and sleep-wake cycle. Researchers believe it is the combination of melatonin and anthocyanins.
- Serves as a good source of copper, an essential mineral. Copper aids in collagen production. A process needed to keep the body tissues strong.
- Because it is packed with beneficial Vitamin A, it may aid in wound healing, immune function, healthy vision and also will nourish the skin.
- Consumption of Tart Cherries will boost the intake of Vitamin C which will support tissue health and immune system.
“Snow Farms” Dried Tart Cherries are available in 120g retail packs or 25Lb bulk cartons.