- You cannot add "Wild Rice Blend" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
Red Rice (Rathu Kekulu) is a verity of rice (Oryza sativa) mainly grown in Southern and Eastern farm lands of Sri Lanka. This unique verity of rice considered as the “King of Grains” by farmers in Sri Lanka for many generations. This gluten free reddish colour whole grain has a nutty, earthy flavour and contains polyphenols and anthocyanin mainly confined to its bran layer.
With the sharp increase in lifestyle related health issues and diseases such as diabetes, cancer and heart problems, and scientists are looking at quality traits other than carbohydrates, proteins and fat in foodstuffs. Evolution of food now places greater focus on their antioxidant properties, glycaemic index and mineral content. Thus Red Rice is gaining wide popularity specifically within health conscious people in all over the world due to its amazing health properties.
- Red Rice contains high fibre which has been shown to reduce high cholesterol levels, one way Red Rice help prevent atherosclerosis.
- Low Glycaemic food. Keep blood sugar levels under control. Excellent grain choice for people with diabetes.
- Help to protect against Colon-Cancer. Normalize bowel function reducing constipation.
- Consumption of Red Rice helps to maintain healthy body weight.
- Red Rice provides 88% of daily value of Manganese, an important component in energy producing pathways and anti-oxidation activities.
- Good source of Selenium, Magnesium and B complex vitamin.
- The Zinc and iron content of red rice is 2-3 times higher than that of white rice.
- Research show eating foods high in insoluble fibre such as Red Rice can help women avoid gallstones.
- This gluten free whole grain is ideal for the people with Celiac disease.
- Considering that the highest scavenging activity due to the presence of polyphenols in red rice, once again it find favour with health conscious consumers.
Why Wild Tusker Red Rice?
- Wild Tusker Red Rice is the bountiful harvest of proud farmers of Sri Lanka.
- The product is processed in HACCP and ISO 22000 certified automated facility with strictest industry standards.
- Wild Tusker Red Rice is 100% Natural. Product does not contain any artificial preservatives or colour.
- Proud Winner of one of the top 10 “MOST INNOVATIVE” product in GROCERY SHOW CASE WEST/2011., biggest grocery trade show in Western Canada.
- Superior quality and worth what you are paying for.
- Available in major supermarkets and speciality stores.