Wild Tusker Organic coconut flour is a single ingredient product derived from the granulated coconut flakes left out from the organic coconut oil extraction. The product has a creamy white colour and nutty odour with nearly bland flavour. Coconut flour is a gluten free alternative to wheat and an excellent source of dietary fibre. Can use to make breads, cakes, pies and other backing goods. Use up to 20% in standard recipes to boost the fibre content in food or use 100% in specially formulated recipes. Use over Cereal, Yogurt, Smoothies or as a thickener in dips, gravies, sauces or soups.
- Coconut Flour is a good source of a variety of nutrients. It contains 10 – 12 % proteins which is the same as a whole wheat flour. It has five times as much as fibre as in whole wheat flour and twice as much as wheat bran. Thus it is considered as an excellent source of fibre.
- It is a delicious healthy alternative to wheat or other flours with gluten protein. As such is ideal for people with celiac disease or gluten allergies. There are specially formulated recipes to use Coconut flour alone or with combination of other gluten free flours (eg. Rice etc.) to make traditional bake goods where wheat is the basic flour ingredient.
- Since Coconut Flour is high in fibre it is naturally low in digestible carbohydrate. Including this product in your meals will help in cutting down calorie intake and will aid in healthy weight management.
- Due to low glycemic index it will help to regulate blood sugar levels and protect against diabetes.
- High fibre content will improve digestion.
- Will help prevent heat diseases and Cancer.
Since coconut flour absorbs more liquid due to its high fibre content it is important to increase the liquid content in equal amount. Coconut flour is a gluten free product and requires Coconut flour is a gluten free product and requires the help of eggs, chia gel or even small amount of tapioca to improve the binding ability of the product.