- You cannot add "Medium Grain Red Rice" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
Wild Tusker Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is extracted from fresh coconuts harvested from the organically certified coconut plantations in Sri Lanka. The hand-picked coconuts are carefully subjected to a mechanical process followed by a mild heating and filtration while maintaining the exotic rich taste and fragrance of the coconut. Product is never refined, deodorized or bleached and hence retains most of its natural phytonutrients. Coconut oil consist of 65% medium chain fatty acids (MCFA). Out of this 50% is Lauric Acid. Use this wonderfully versatile oil as
- Your choice of Fat/Oil in your cooking or backing. (Safe cooking oil for all hot food preparations).
- Raw and fresh bread spreads.
- Natural healthy beauty treatment to moisturize your skin or as an conditioning treatment for your hair.
- Massage oil.
- Saturated fat in coconut is made up of mainly medium chain fatty acids. Out of this 50% is Lauric Acid. Our bodies utilize these medium chain fatty acids to obtain energy instead of storing as body fats in adipose tissues. Therefore even though it is high in saturated fat coconut oil can aid in weight loss and improve lean body mass.
- Supply fewer calories than other fats.
- As the Medium Chain Fatty Acids (MCFA’s) are metabolized rapidly in the liver to energy and don’t participate in the bio-synthesis and transport of cholesterol it reduce the risk of atherosclerosis and related illnesses.
- Help prevent osteoporosis.
- It improves digestion and nutrient absorption.
- Contains phytonutrients which are very important for good health.
- Provide a nutritional source of quick energy. Medium chain fatty acids are digested differently by body than other fats. Instead of storing as fat the liver converts them directly to ketone bodies which are then available for use as energy.
- Its cooling moisturizing qualities helps to keep skin soft and smooth.
- The antioxidants present in the oil helps to prevent premature ageing and wrinkling of the skin.
- Half the medium chain fatty acids in Coconut Oil are composed of Lauric Acid which is anti-viral, anti-bacterial anti-microbial and anti-fungal and help to boost the immune system and keep most common diseases at bay.
- In recent medical research the ketone bodies (the end product of metabolism of medium chain fatty acid.) are used in treating Alzheimers’ disease. It is also considered as a potential treatment for Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis etc.