Flaxseed Oil Pesto
- 3 coves garlic
- 3 cups kale packed
- 3/4 cup hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Optional: red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup flaxseed oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Pasta if you want pasta or can be used as bread spread or sandwich spreads
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 cup pasta water
- Make the pesto: In a food processor, add peeled garlic cloves and process until the garlic is minced. Add kale, hemp seeds, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Turn the food processor and add the oil little bit at a time. Process the pesto until your desired consistency. (Tips: you may add more lemon juice, salt and pepper to your taste or add more oil to thin the consistency)
- Cook the pasta (optional): Cook pasta in salted water until al dente. Reserve one cup of pasta water before draining the pasta. Let the pasta and the water to cool.
- Mix in the pesto, pasta and pasta oil in a bowl until the pesto in incorporated well with the pasta. Add more seasoning if necessary.
- Serve and enjoy!